Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities
Customer Service Policy
EarthFresh is committed to diversity, inclusion and accessibility in everything we do. Our purpose is to bring fresh, premium and unique varieties of potatoes/root vegetables from the farm to your table. Our commitment to accessibility is also evident in our vision as a passionate team in the pursuit of Real. Good. Potatoes! With these things in mind, we are continuously taking steps and making a conscious effort to improve the overall experience for all of our customers.
It is the policy of EarthFresh to ensure that our state-of-the-art facility is committed to providing accessibility and equitable customer service to each and every one of our diverse and valued customers in the industry. We are committed to providing the highest degree of customer service to each of our visitors and strive to provide services in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of those with disabilities.
EarthFresh is an equal opportunity employer, and as such is prepared to offer any accommodations required by potential employees throughout the hiring process.
In an effort to ensure that our facility and employees meet the requirements as outlined by AODA, we offer the following:
• Wheelchair accessible parking
• Handrails in washrooms, including a wheelchair accessible stall
• Single-level entry and facility eliminating barriers for person’s with disabilities
• Automatic entry at main entrance
Use of Service Animals and Support Persons
Persons with disabilities may enter EarthFresh accompanied by a service animal and keep the animal with them, in designated areas. It is the responsibility of the person with the service animal to control the animal at all times.
Persons with disabilities may enter EarthFresh accompanied by a support person where it is necessary to maintain the health and safety of the person with a disability or the health and safety of others on the premises.
It is our commitment, as an organization who’s day-to-day business operation relies heavily on customer interaction and service, to provide inclusive communication to our customers and visitors who require it, taking into account their disability.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
EarthFresh will make reasonable effort to provide our customers, visitors and employees with disabilities aware of any disruption to the facilities used by these individuals. This notice will include information about the reason for its disruption, its anticipated duration, and alternative facilities if available.
Training for EarthFresh Team Members
EarthFresh is committed to providing training for all persons to which this policy applies, as set forth by the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service. In addition, training will be provided on a continuous basis to all new hires as a part of our onboarding process.
A record of training will be kept with our Human Resources department. Training includes:
• The purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005;
• The requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (Ontario Regulation 429/08);
• Information about EarthFresh policies and procedures pertaining to the provisions EarthFresh sets forth for persons with disabilities;
• How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities;
• What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing our facility;
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use assistive devices or require the assistance of a service animal or support person;
EarthFresh welcomes feedback, including feedback about the delivery of our customer service to persons with disabilities. EarthFresh will investigate and respond to all complains related to such services in a timely, thorough and objective manner. . All customers and employees can submit feedback or questions to the Human Resources Department.
Click here to download PDF
Click here to download our SA8000 Policy Statement