Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Policy Statement
Customer Service Policy
EarthFresh is committed to diversity, inclusion and accessibility in everything we do. Our commitment to accessibility is also evident in our vision as a passionate team in the pursuit of Real. Good. Potatoes! With these things in mind, we are continuously taking steps and making a conscious effort to improve the overall experience for all of our customers. It is the policy of EarthFresh to ensure that our state-of-the-art facilities is committed to providing accessibility and equitable customer service and inclusive communication to each and every one of our diverse and valued customers. We are committed to providing the highest degree of customer service to each of our visitors and strive to provide services in a manner that respects the dignity, independence, integration and equality of those with disabilities.
Recruitment and Selection
EarthFresh is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities throughout the interview, selection and employment process.
In an effort to ensure that our facility and employees meet the requirements as outlined by AODA, we offer the following:
• Use of Service Animals and Support Persons
• Wheelchair accessible parking
• Single-level entry and facility eliminating barriers for persons with disabilities
• Automatic entry at main entrance
• Handrails in washrooms, including a wheelchair accessible stall / Brail signage on washroom doors
Notice of Temporary Disruption
EarthFresh will make reasonable effort to make our customers, visitors and employees with disabilities aware of any disruption to the facilities used by these individuals. This notice will include information about the reason for its disruption, its anticipated duration, and alternative facilities if available.
Training for EarthFresh Team Members
EarthFresh is committed to providing training for all existing employees on the requirements of the accessibility standards and the Human Rights Code, as it pertains to persons with disabilities. Training will be provided on a continuous basis to all new hires as a part of the EarthFresh orientation process by the Human Resources Manager. A record of training will be kept with our Human Resources department.
EarthFresh welcomes feedback, including feedback about the delivery of our customer service to persons with disabilities. EarthFresh will investigate and respond to all complaints related to such services in a timely, thorough and objective manner. All customers and employees can submit feedback or questions to the Human Resources Department.
Social Accountability 8000 Policy Statement
Earthfresh Farms Inc. is committed to conform to all requirements of the SA8000 Standard and has chosen to comply with and commit to all of the requirements of SA8000 International Standard, and create and implement policies and procedures pertaining to the following:
1. Child Labour – Earthfresh will not engage in or support the use of child labour (any person under 15 years of age), but may employ young workers (any worker under the age of 18 but over the age of a child as defined above). Young workers’ school, work and transportation time will not exceed a combined total of 10 hours per day and may not work during night hours.
2. Forced or Compulsory Labour – Earthfresh will not engage or support the use of forced or compulsory labour, including prison labour and will not engage in or support human trafficking. All employees will have the right to leave the workplace premises after their standard workday and be free to terminate their employment provided that they give reasonable notice to their organization.
3. Health & Safety – We are committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, visitors, suppliers and contractors and to ensure we comply with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations. In conjunction with the Joint Health & Safety Committee, it is each employee’s responsibility to ensure we maintain safe working conditions and to eliminate workplace hazards which may cause injury or illness. All managers and supervisors will take every precaution to ensure that facilities, machinery, equipment, and procedures are safe and that employees are working in compliance with safe work practices and procedures.
4. Freedom of Association & Right to Collective Bargaining – All employees shall have the right to form, join and organize trade union(s) of their choice and freely elect their own representatives. EarthFresh will respect this right and shall effectively inform employees that they are free to join a union organization without negative consequence or retaliation.
5. Discrimination – EarthFresh will not engage or support discrimination in practices of hiring, remuneration, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement based on race, national origin, birth, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or any other condition that could give rise to discrimination.
6. Disciplinary Practices – EarthFresh is committed to providing a professional work environment that respects the dignity of all employees and will not tolerate any form of harassment, violence, threats or discrimination.
7. Working Hours – EarthFresh will comply with all applicable laws under the Ontario Employment Standards Act, 2000 pertaining to working hours, break and public holidays. All employees will be provided with at least one day off following every 6 consecutive days of working and overtime shall be on a voluntary basis.
8. Remuneration – EarthFresh will respect the right of employees to a living wage and ensure that wages for a normal work week will always meet at least legal or industry standards. Wages shall be sufficient to meet the basic needs of employees and provide discretionary income.
9. Management System – A Social Performance Team (SPT) has been established and will, along with management, implement all of the elements of SA8000. The SPT will conduct bi-annual meetings with management to review and monitor the policies and procedures implemented within the SA8000 program and make any revisions as necessary and address any non-conformance(s) to the SA8000 standard. Risk assessments and internal audits will be conducted on an annual basis and reviewed at management meetings.
This policy statement shall be communicated to all employees, supervisors, managers and suppliers. This policy will be reviewed and signed by the President annually and revised appropriately. A copy of this policy along with the Social Accountability Standard will be posted on all bulletin boards and the company website so that it is publicly available.